Thursday, 25 February 2016
Home » Articles , current affairs » Rail Budget 2016 - 17 Highlights, Changes & New Train Announcement
Rail Budget 2016:
Hello friends welcome again on our web portal. If you are waiting for new Rail Budget 2016 for this year then this page is created for your help.This is the very first time when the Indian railways invites the suggestions from the common Peoples so that they can create this new budget with the innovative ideas of these peoples. A senior Railway Ministry official said that "We have sought suggestions and innovative ideas from public for the Rail Budget 2016-17, slated to be presented in the last week of February next year,"
In the presentation of his second budget Mr. Suresh Prabhu, Minister of Railway said that they are trying to make batter changes for the facilities of passenger which can satisfy them.
So if you are interested and want some good changes about which you think that Every passenger Need it then you can submit your suggestion in best manner. If you have any suggestion then you can give it online through the official website of Ministry of Railways on or before th elast date.
Some important Features of Previous Budget:
· Now you can book your train tickets 120 days in advance.
· After increasing fares to over 14% last year, Prabhu doesn’t tinker with rail fares.
· Introducing ‘Operation 5-minute’ to ensure ticketless passenger get regular ticket within five minute of entering station.
· SMS alert service to be introduced on train arrival/ departure.
· More general coaches will be added to benefit the aam aadmi.
Main Headlines of New Budget:
· Cheaper road transport puts rail freight off track
· Drones & geo-spatial based satellite technology to review progress of projects
· E-catering services to be extended to 408 stations, says Prabhu
· Highlights of the Railway Budget 2016-17
· High-speed Ahmedabad-Mumbai train corridor being planned with Japan's assistance
· Live: Track this space for latest from Rail Budget 2016
· Local cuisine of choice to be made available on trains
· New locomotive factories to be set up with order book of Rs 40k-cr
· New rule for unreserved train tickets from March 1
· North-eastern states of Mizoram, Tripura to be connected via broad-gauge
· Outlay for railway electrification increased by almost 50%
· Over 65,000 berths added via new coaches; 17,000 more bio-toilets by FY16
· Prabhu announces innovative new trains; boost for unreserved travel
Prabhu dreamt big, but done little on ground: Mythili Bhusnurmath
· Prabhu highlights 7 missions to transform Railways
· Prabhu's 11 announcements to make common man happy
· Rail Budget 2016 focuses on consolidation, not expansion, says KPMG
· Rail Budget 2016 reinforces commitment to involve private sector, says Bombardier
· Rail Budget 2016: Enhanced capacity of e-ticketing system to 7,200/min
· Rail Budget 'futuristic, visionary': Prakash Javadekar
· Rail Budget here! Stock market in two minds about how to react
· Rail budget reflects govt's commitment to poor: PM Modi
· Railways targets new sources of revenue, cost cuts
· Railways to double investment to Rs 1.2 lakh crore for FY17
· Railways to generate employment of 14 crore man-days in 2018-2019
· Railways to mobilise Rs 20,000 crore from market borrowing in FY'17
· Railways to undertake data-tapping projects to improve operations, monetization
· Suresh Prabhu earmarks Rs 50 crore innovation grant, ropes in Ratan Tata
· Suresh Prabhu leaves passenger fares, freight rates unchanged
· Suresh Prabhu targets operating ratio of 92% for FY17
· Suresh Prabhu's 6 mantras to increase revenue through non-fare sources
· Top takeaways from Suresh Prabhu's second Railway Budget 2016
· Trying to fulfill PM Modi's vision, says Suresh Prabhu
· We need to reimagine conventional ways of solving things: Prabhu
· West Bengal to gain from two new Dedicated Freight Corridors in Kharagpur
Note: For more information you can also check Official Website.
Read Also: Union Budget 2016